Who doesn't love a yummy "Banana Split?" How about a "bruleed banana split? They are soooo yummy . . . so caramelly - a tasty way to celebrate National Banana Split Day on August 25th with your kids! Here is a delicious DIY recipe you can make at home for you and your family to enjoy!
Bruleed Banana Split
- 1 banana, peeled and split lengthwise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- chocolate sauce, for topping
- caramel sauce, for topping
- whipped cream, for topping
- sprinkles, for topping
- maraschino cherries, for topping
- mint, garnish for topping
gralu87 from Getty Images via Canva
- Preheat broiler.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Lay the banana halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each half with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the brown sugar.
- Torch until sugar begins to bubble - or put under the broiler 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until the sugar melts and starts to bubble - Watch closely to make sure they don't burn.
- Place the scoops of ice cream in a bowl or a long banana-split bowl and place the banana halves on either side.
- Top with chocolate and caramel sauces to taste, then the whipped cream, sprinkles and as many cherries as you can handle! Garnish with fresh mint.
Updated March 13, 2023